Monday 6 August 2012

Mum, you are bonkers!

This was said to me a few years ago when I decided to visit Lynne in Turkey. I had chatted to her in an online chat room for a couple of years and my gut feeling was that she was my kind of friend. Matt and my kids thought I had gone mad to meet up with someone who I had met via the internet. Of course I had always told my kids to never do what I was now about to do. Mad axe woman, nutter, swingers and various other names were suggested but I went any way and my gut feeling was right. Lynne and her husband are now on my list of favourite friends. They are a bit mad as they have 6 dogs and I reckon another one could join their throng at any time! However they are a lovely kind of mad and I have visited them several times in the past few years along with my sis in law and Matt.
After I dropped my international friends off at the airport I drove down to spend a couple of days with them. It was so relaxing and we chatted and swam in the pool. The dogs were very friendly and I fell in love with Molly a soft nosed Springer with big soppy eyes. We had a lovely dinner at a restaurant in Uzumlu, name escapes me. Then the next day an enormous breakfast at another restaurant. I was so very naughty as I telephoned Hil and introduced her to the waiter!!!!!
Last night I said my goodbyes and drove to Dalaman to pick up Matt from the airport. I am very pleased that I now feel confident to drive longish distances in Turkey alone. It opens up all kinds of adventures and I am lucky to have so many lovely friends to visit.

Breakfast at Uzumlu


No comments:

Post a Comment