Monday 22 July 2013

A lazy morning

Well most mornings are lazy here in Datca. Matt usually ambles down to the sea before breakfast for a snorkel, returning with a grin and a present for me. Usually some nice shell, an urchin shell or a piece of amphora. We have bowls full now and are running out of places to put them. I keep saying I'll do something artistic with them - maybe one day. When he returns we breakfast on some of the delicious things we find here, fresh fruit and veg and white yogurt. Matt has a liking for the famous Datca honey. Then I usually swim in the pool. I'm not so fond of the sea as being diabetic I must watch out for my feet and there always seems to something there ready to cut, sting or bite me. Mostly I am alone in the pool but today I was accompanied by some lovely gliding butterflies and a small owl. This year the flowers around the pool are spectacular.
Yesterday Matt sprang into action and did some gardening. We have a gardener but like to do some ourselves. The bouganvillia was obstructing our view of the sea so he pruned that. I pruned the Brugsmania tree that I love and everyone else hates. It needs a lot of water and was looking a bit sad when we arrived but it is perking up now.
Lunch is usually a small affair - some fresh bread, cheese and salad. It is so hot here now that I really don't want much and this week without trying I have lost over a kilo - nearly 3 pounds. After lunch the wind usually gets up so no guesses where we go!
Here are som lazy morning photos.
lovely colours
Our simple lunch - seems to be helping my weight loss.

Princess Beyaz of Ozbel spending her 3rd summer with us.
Part of the garden looking pretty.

Aphrodite who likes to be lazy with us.





Some of the presents from Matt.


2 comments:

  1. I always lose weight when I'm in Turkey... all that fresh tasty produce... I could murder a Turkish breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And me RJ, during this visit I have lost 3 kilos. I shall be back in a few weeks so hope the weight loss continues.

    ReplyDelete