Thursday 25 July 2013

A Hidden Gem


The view from Gulbahar restaurant with my beach bed waiting for me.


Many years ago one of the staff at Perili Kosk hotel took me out for the day to see the peninsula. Then he took me to meet his Mum and we sat in her garden drinking tea and eating the grapes that hung above our heads. She was a very nice lady. A few years later I visited again and my friend was building a very grand house in his Mum's garden. It is a beautiful spot right by the sea in Mesudiye. He had plans to open it as a guest house and said his sister hoped to open a cafe. I haven't seen much of my friend during the last couple of years and as Mesudiye is not good for windsurfing we rarely go there.
Anyway in June Hil and a friend and I went there for afternoon tea to a cafe I hadn't visited Gulbahar (Spring rose). We sat under a tree in this beautiful spot and drank tea. I spotted an older lady friend there and we chatted and giggled in my limited Turkish. She introduced me to her sister who was the mother of the cafe owner. She seemed familiar and later after we had left I realised that this was the Mum I met all those years ago and her daughter is the sister of my friend.
So yesterday there was no wind and Matt and I returned to that beach which is now one of my favourites. The lady remembered me and was very welcoming. I told her the story about meeting her Mum in the past and I managed it all in Turkish. I hope there is another windless day soon and then we will return for lunch. It's a very beautiful and undeveloped spot. The beach was not at all busy.
The view from my beach bed.

Someone showing his displeasure after I drowned the camera and a few other items!

No comments:

Post a Comment