Tuesday 22 May 2012

A Sad Day




Today I attended the funeral of one of my son's school friends, David K Lord. He was 23 years old and one of the nicest, kindest, smiliest people you could ever wish to meet. Tom has a knack of finding great friends and David was my favourite one. He had so much to live for and was due to read philosophy at university. He was a porter at St. Catherine's College Oxford and today they flew the flag at half mast for him. So many people loved him, such a likeable chap with a wicked sense of humour.
The service took place in a wild flower meadow with David placed in a wicker coffin. There were hundreds of people, the sun shone and the birds sang. The music was lovely and the whole thing was uplifting. I don't feel so sad now.
Rest in peace David, I am glad I knew you.



No comments:

Post a Comment