Sunday 6 May 2012

The Only Way is Up

... and then down again! Today I climbed a mountain, well to be truthful it was a little one and I got three quarters of the way up. I was concerned that I might die if I went any further so Matt, Tony and Belinda left me on a rock while they climbed for the last fifteen minutes. Actually that half an hour sitting quietly near the top of the mountain was fantastic. I watched the wild life and enjoyed the smell of the herbs around me. I could see a long way over the Datca peninsula to both the Med and the Agean seas. It was hazy so the photos are not as clear as I would like.
This was the third walk of the week and the most challenging. I hope that I can soon do it again and then I will make it to the top. I will need to manage my blood sugar a little better as it went a little low and then of course I ran out of energy. I will leave my walking boots here ready for the next visit.

Thank you to our friends who led the walk


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous walk. I'm looking forward to going back to Bodrum later this year, and going on a couple of hikes. Great Exercise and Great Views... what more could you want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We set off at 8.30 am for this walk. It would have been much too hot later in the day. I'm hoping to do a few more walks in June but I think we'll have to set out at 7.30 am.

      Delete