Monday 28 May 2012

A Poem or Two

It seems my friend who died recently was a poet. I  found two of his poems on another blog and here they are.




'I saw an old lady on the way home today,

she dropped an umbrella. As I bent down to pick it up for her she

said "And I thought chivalry was dead", I replied "Nah,

it has just been subdued by revolving doors and other modern inventions".'



A word for the New Year

We can move forward through time

question each rhythm and rhyme,

query reason for the motion

that gave pain as it's notion.

We could try to contemplate

why there is so much hate.

Or we could choose this year

to fight against such fear.

Because I have a question

can you join my digression?

Steer away from our everyday

and mould this New Year like clay.



So I ask of you to join me

for this is a year to spread glee

and one more chance to be free.



-David K. Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment