Wednesday 6 June 2012

Kucuk kus (little bird)

As I opened the front door this morning, a little ball of brown feathers rolled in. It was a baby sparrow. They nest in our roof so presumably this one was trying to fly. Mum was up on the roof having a fit. Meanwhile at the back of the house, lounging on the terrace were Bella, Beyaz, Bruiser and Squeaky. I popped it in sight of Mum on a flower pot but that was making it a rather tempting and easy snack for the pussies. So after 10 minutes or so Matt moved it into the Bougainvillea and we left it to find Mum. Fingers crossed all is well now.

We headed off to the local Wednesday fruit and veg market where the farmers wives come to sell their produce. We have returned with a punnet of strawberries, honey, potatoes (Datca potatoes are the best we have ever tasted), garlic, lemons and tomatoes. Following the success of my tomato plants, I shall try growing the garlic. Friends have told me I just have to shove a few cloves in the earth, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment