Thursday 2 May 2013

The Birthday Bash


Nothing to do with sunshine although it was sunny during the day!. Loads of smashing friends came to my party - about 50 of them and some from every decade of my life. Some I worked with, some I live near, one I went to school with, some of my in laws, some of my European friends, some I met via the internet and of course my husband and sons.
We congregated in the local community centre and Tim, my brother in law kindly provided the entertainment. It was such an enjoyable evening with lots of fun.

These friends have known me since I was 5 years old!
People from my most favourite school ever now sadly closed.
Dancing Queen - my lovely friend Ute - one of our teaching exchange partners.
Some in laws
Friends from my third decade - army days in Germany.
Jack with neighbours for over 20 years.
Hil took her job of making the party go with a swing very seriously - by dancing with lots of men!
She enjoyed her job very much!
Twist and Shout
Tom's school friend's Mums.
An internet friend and a work friend from before our children were born, then more recently at Stroud College where we were tutors.
I Got You Babe. Tom with his school friend's Mum.
My Italian teacher exchange friend
They were singing a Queen song. Guess which one?
Matt's uni friend.
Jack with parents of a school friend.
Tom's school friend with his Mum and dad.
Neighbours and friend.
The jolly Europeans
Dancing girls!
Matt and the windsurfing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment